Today, again, was full of suffering and drama.
Starting at 8:00am I could not stop looking at the clock. Minutes go by so slowly. I’m grateful I had enough work to keep me occupied and distracted from falling into despair when at 12:30pm I had not received any notice.
All day I had been thinking that I needed to call the embassy to ask for the interview results, but I was so scared of receiving a negative answer that I just ignored my curiosity. So I held back as much as possible.
But there is a moment in life when you need to face our fears. And so I called. I asked to talk with Prof. Solís, the conversation went like this:
– Good afternoon Prof. Solís, this is Sor Juana Inés de la Cruz.
– Oh, Juana, how are you? How can I help you?
– I’m calling to ask about the interview results.
– You haven’t received anything from the SRE?
– No, I haven’t, but I don’t know if it’s beause they haven’t sent it, or because I wasn’t selected.
– Oh, no! We loved your proposal, when can you come to the embassy to check your documents?
Three minuted after hanging up, the email from the SRE came though.
Excuse me, I need to go change my underwear, I think I peed myself again from excitement XD